Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

1. Overall, I would say I've been getting pretty good comments from others in the class, though I have noticed that I get far fewer comments than a lot of the blogs I have been leaving comments on. I think the most helpful ones have been ones that used one of the feedback strategies and the ones that were very specific that showed me they had really paid attention to my story/post.

2. I think I have been leaving some really good comments on other blogs. I think the most useful feedback strategy for me has been the WWW strategy: "Wow.. I Wonder.. What if.." And I do think I have gotten some good inspiration for my own writing as I read others, as everyone has such different ways of storytelling and retelling.

3. As far as having a sense of getting to know people at their blogs, I will say I'm kind of neutral on this question. On one hand, it sort of feels artificial, since we are being graded on our "getting to know" our classmates and the length and quality of our comments. However, I will also say that I have learned more about students in this class than if I were in a normal, in-person class. I would say I never learn very much about my classmates except a select few.

4. For the rest of this class, I definitely need to make more of an effort to do the feedback/comments every week, because I have been slacking on them.

"You can learn from criticism" from cheezburger
I chose this image because I think in order for feedback to have a positive effect, we must first learn to separate the negative feelings we get from constructive criticism from what we can actually do with that criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment