Wednesday, January 15, 2020

My Favorite Places

Two of my favorite places that I've visited are California and New Orleans.

While I've been to California many times (stepbrother in the Navy), I recently took a trip sans-family with my roommate to visit our friend who was living in L.A. over the summer for an internship. It is a really special memory for me because it's the first time I took a trip without any "real" adults—we were the adults. We had so much fun sightseeing and eating yummy food. Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from the trip:

Here is me just below the Hollywood sign, taken by my friend. Summer '19

Left to right: Me, Jordan, and Caitlyn on Rodeo Drive. Summer '19

Me, Jordan, and Caitlyn near the Venice Canals. Summer '19

Here is a photo I took from online of what the Venice Canals actually look like. This was one of my favorite places to see because it was so interesting to have actual canals in Venice, CA, and I've always wanted to visit Venice, Italy. Source: https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=241469&picture=venice-california-canals

Me posing with Colin Firth's star on the walk of fame. Summer '19

Me posing on the boardwalk at Venice Beach. Summer '19

One of the views when we hiked Runyon Canyon, taken by me. Summer '19

Another of my favorite places is New Orleans. I visited the city as a child and then again a little over a year ago with my family and my now-fiance was able to tag along with us. It was a special trip for me because I had memories of the city as a child and was able to re-experience it as an adult. Here are a few of my favorite photos:

Here is a photo I took while walking down a random neighborhood street in New Orleans. Winter '18

A photo I took while strolling through one of New Orlean's famous cemetery's, Lafayette Cemetery No. 1. Winter '18

A photo taken by my mom of me and my now-fiance, Andy, inside a hotel. Winter '18

An artsy photo I took holding my beignet outside of Cafe Beignet. Winter '18

A photo I took outside the car window of some street art I really liked. Winter '18


1 comment:

  1. Oh, these California pictures are too much fun, Jana! Wonderful! My stomping grounds were up north in the Bay area, but southern California is full of fun places to visit. My favorite picture is the one of you jumping with Hollywood in the background: how many tries did it require so that the person taking the picture caught up in the air like that? Such a great picture!

    About links in Blogger (each web interface has its own weird way of doing this): instead of just pasting in the raw URL, you can type some link text, highlight that, click the link icon and then paste in the URL, which will give your readers a more usable link, instead of just the raw address; for example: Venice California Canals

    ReplyDelete